Friday 13 April 2007

The Blog

I have spent a reasonable amount of time (but being careful not to turn in to a computer nerd) searching the Internet for ways of making money but I have been overwhelmed by the galaxy of information and usually end up in scam city. It is so unbelievably annoying to learn that some one is earning thousands a month because they have cracked it but they are graciously willing to share their mystic secrets and give you the golden key for a small ransom. There is no way you can buy yourself to riches. Hats off to these people though. They have researched hard and worked the system and I am sure they are making good money from their efforts. This is what got me thinking - if they worked it out then why can't anyone else? What they are doing is saying that they know a way to the riches and for a fee they will point you in the right direction. What they don't point out so well is that it is a long and difficult road which requires effort and dedication to reach the goal. Their own journey is made just a little easier by the cash they make from selling a dream. Hmmm..........

I discovered that creating a blog and registering with AdSense will invite related ads to my blog. These adds are selected by some cunning device which reads the content so they will be relevant to my quest. I find that these ads are an excellent source of information and hopefully inspiration. I follow the ads and learn something new each time. The Internet is awash with choice and if you're like me you start looking for something and end up finding nothing because there are usually umpteen thousand relevant items in your search. Now they come to me and I can focus on the stuff I want to learn.

Creating the blog was easier than I thought. I went to http://www.blogger.com/ and although being a bit behind the times I managed to set up the blog. I applied for an AdSense account through blogger.com and as if by magic the ads started to appear. I added a free counter when I discovered http://www.easyhitcounters.com/ so that I can see if anyone other than me visits the site (so far I think it's just me!). So overall I am quite pleased with myself and can say with pride that I am no longer the Luddite that I once was.
One thing I have come across is a way to earn while you surf with AGLOCO. There are no catches that I can see.






No comments:

Please visit